Praise & Thanksgiving:
- We thank the Lord for the celebration of our 34th year as a church last Aug 3. Pastor Alex Bartolome was our preacher, preaching from Joshua 1:9 that we are to be strong and courageous for the Lord is with us. May the Lord help us to fulfill His Word. This thanksgiving service was followed by a sumptuous meal with lechon being the main course.
- Three young people Jose, Hazel and Monique were baptized on the first Lord’s Day of August and added to the church.
- Three more then gave their testimony on that first Lord’s day for membership in September. One of these Shane will be added, the Lord willing, by baptism the other two by transfer. There are others also considering applying for membership. We give all the glory to God. One of the boys in our Homes is also asking for baptism.
- We have had 8 overseas visitors with us for the past month. It sometimes meant more work particularly for the CCM staff but it was a joy to have them. They worked hard and made a real contribution in their love for Christ and service for Him. We thank the Lord for the fellowship we have in this way with numerous churches in other countries. Pray also that the experiences of these young people will mean a real increase in concern for missions.
- We give thanks for Edgar and Ginia the new House-parents in our CCM Boys’ Home and also for Yollyjim our new Tutor for Homes. Please pray they will quickly settle into their responsibilities and be used by God in the lives of the children.
- We give thanks for the successful CCM Staff Retreat at Bakasunan Resort in Tanay. The weather was good and the resort was excellent. Matters affecting the future of CCM were also discussed. May we be given much wisdom in implementing them.
- We have a number of ladies expecting to give birth this month and in the next few months to their first child. Please pray for safe deliveries of their babies and for the Lord’s gracious enabling to these new parents to fulfill their God given responsibilities.
- Construction work begins this month on our new stairs to our Worship Hall. Please pray for the workers and for Architect Arnel, our member as he oversees the project. We are also planning to put in an elevator for the use of the disabled and the aged. Please pray for the necessary funds to complete these projects.
- Planning is in progress for the 2014 Pastors’ Conference. Pray for our visiting preachers from the UK and USA. Also for the books that are currently being purchased for the conference that they may arrive safely.
- We are still in need of Social Workers in CCM. This need is very critical please make it a matter of urgent prayer that we shall find the right people to fulfill the vacant positions. Pray also for the present staff who are currently handling a double load.
- Men’s Meeting on Aug 31 in Montalban to be followed by tract distribution and an evangelistic meeting. Pray this will be blessed by the Lord in conversions and regular contacts for our ongoing outreach in that area. Pray that in the will of the Lord eventually a church may be established there.
- Some of our members have been ill recently and have been admitted to hospital for a few days.. Please pray for good heath during these wet months when disease is rife. Particularly pray that our children will be kept well.