Archive for November, 2015
Praise & Thanksgiving:
- Grace Ocampo was accepted into membership in September while Maiah Coquia, Erick Budin and Bebeth Gador in October.
- We also looking forward to the baptism of Bernadette Delector and her addition to the membership this November. Bernadette is one of the girls from our CCM Homes.
- During October CCM held a series of meetings for Parents and children on their roles in the family. This was also an opportunity to bring the truths of the gospel to them.
- The Annual Camp for the Homeless has just concluded and we give thanks to God for those who gathered and the opportunities to witness and to minister the word of God to those who gathered.
- We continue to give thanks to the Lord for His goodness to us as a church and the peace and loving unity that we experience. May the Lord be praised.
- That those who attended the Camp for the Homeless will have been blessed by the ministry and that the Lord will bring many of them to true salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Please continue to pray for our regular meetings among the homeless – each Thursday night when up to 100 attend and also the Monday night Bible Study when about 40 attend. Pray for conversions.
- Please also pray for peace and safety for our volunteers and those from the streets. There have been some untoward incidents recently such as drunken men trying to enter the meetings and the terrible incident of the stabbing of one of the homeless ladies when she alighted from the bus after the camp. The Devil is always active and trying to destroy such witness for Christ.
- Grace Ministerial Academy will, in the mercy of God, begin its second semester on the 10th Nov. Please pray for the lecturers and students. May there also be some new enrollees. May all be done to the glory of God in the preparation of men for the ministry. Particularly pray for Pastor Gilbert MacAdam as he returns to teaching this semester following his break in UK. Continue to pray for good health for our Principal Noel Espinosa.
- We are still in need of additional staff particularly in our new Boys’ Home. This hopefully will be occupied this month if the occupancy permit is granted.
- Gemma Gustillo— Gemma at 67 years old is a faithful member but her illness has hampered her from attending church. She has a severe nerve problem affecting her back. The doctor advised her to undergo an operation. Please pray for wisdom and financial provision for this costly medical operation
- Edith Columbino—has stage 3D breast cancer. She is about 56 years old. Please pray for her and that she may accept the Lord’s will and know His strength and grace. Also please pray for her husband Pat.
- The church through its CCM Relief Arm is seeking to help victims of Typhoon Lando in Pampanga in co-operation with the Reformed Baptist Churches in those areas. May the Lord bless the compassionate relief work but also give opportunity to preach the gospel to those in physical but also desperate spiritual need.
- The Lord willing the mission work in Tacloban plans to conduct house-to-house visitation to invite people to hold a Bible Study. Please also pray for their existing Bible Studies that they may yield fruit in conversions.
- We are hoping to see the outreach in Morong, Rizal covenanted as a church before the end of the year, with Erwin Cadalin as ordained Pastor. Please pray for the preparations and the Lord’s timing of this step.
- Continue to pray for our need to extend our Worship Hall. Plans are being drawn up and we shall then know the estimated cost. Please pray for the provision of the money we shall need.