Cubao Reformed Baptist Church
Bulletin for October 2013
DATES FOR THE DIARY AND FOR YOUR PRAYERS
3 GMA End of 1st Semester.
9-11 Drop-in Camp at Jabez,Camp Site, Dasmarinas
13 Lord’s Day 1:45 YP – Discussion with Dr Carmela
15 Church Outing (National Holiday) All are invited
19 Church Members’ Meeting (2.00 pm)
27 Lord’s Day 1:45 YP Fellowship
31-Nov.2 REBAP YOUTH CAMP
8 Pastors’ Felowship with Pastor Joshua Sheldon (USA)
12 GMA 2nd Semester opening
17 1.45pm YP Fellowship
29-30 YP Overnight at CRBC
30 Couples’ Fellowship
7 Sunday School Program
10 CCM Homes Party
12 Drop-in Year End Party
14 am CCM EAP Party
pm CRBC Church Party
PRAYER REQUESTS – OCTOBER
Praise & Thanksgiving:
- For the baptism of Siene Delector the first Lord’s Day of Sept.
- We expect to have Dr Carmela Espanola to be added the first Lord’s Day of October by transfer from the UK.
- The safe delivery of a baby boy – Alexander to Leah and Leo Torres.
- Completion of our new staircase,
- For the many visitors we are having. One recently came looking for a reformed church. We have news of others wanting to attend with us because they want a Reformed Church.
- Drop-in Camp for the Homeless 9th–11th at Jabez. Pray for the ministry of the word and for the camp staff. Above all pray that the word will find a place in the hearts of all who hear and that the Lord will be pleased to save sinners.
- On the 15th there is planned a church outing and fellowship. May this be blessed of the Lord in bringing us even closer together in love for one another. May we have good weather.
- Church Members’ Meeting on the 19th. We rejoice in God’s goodness and mercy to us as a church. May all the glory be given unto him. Pray for wisdom in making decisions during the meeting.
- GMA will be on semestrial break from the 4th. May the men be refreshed and encouraged in their home churches. Pray for Pastor Espinosa that he may get some rest during this time.
- CCM is still in great need of Social Workers. Please pray that the Lord will bring to us the people of His choice. Virgie Biala also steps down from being the Director of the Children’s Homes at the end of the month. Pray for Analyn Ablao as she takes over the position.
- Scott and Emilyn Delohery believe the Lord would have them return to the USA at this time. Scott will leave on the 8th to look for work and a place to stay. Emy and Daniel will follow later. Pray for them as they make this transition. They hope to be able also to help promote CCM in the US.
- We need wisdom as to the Lord’s will as we consider further expansion work on our building. We are greatly in need of an elevator for the disabled, aged and infirm to be able to reach our second floor Worship Hall. We are also considering the possible doubling of the size of our Worship Hall.
- Continue to bring before the Lord our Evangelistic Bible Studies in the Cubao area as well as in Montalban. Pray for conversions. Also for conversions among our children and regular attenders in our meetings.
- Remember Larry Malabayabas (our member and GMA student) who is now Acting Pastor in Providence Baptist Church Tondo.
- Pray for our expectant mothers. Crisel Cadalin who is due later this October. She has been diagnosed with gall stones and is in need of an operation. However this cannot be performed until after the delivery of her baby. Also pray for expectant mother Jill Pascual, wife of our deacon Joel due in January.
- There are others in the congregation who are considering applying for membership. May they be encouraged to so apply. Pray for wisdom for the Elders to be discerning in examining candidates for membership.
- Above all pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon us all that we may be more faithful and Christ like in all we do. That sinners may be drawn to the Lord and saved from their sins.